Smile Makeover San Diego, CA
A smile makeover involves multiple reconstructive and professional dental procedures to restore and enhance various aspects of the patient's teeth and mouth. Smile makeovers are a commonly offered cosmetic solution provided at Torrey Hills Periodontal Group.
With a smile makeover, it's possible to change, restore or alter multiple aspects of a patient's mouth, including the appearance and functionality of teeth. To begin the smile makeover, we will examine a patient's teeth and recommend procedures that will meet the patient's wants and needs. We will then customize the treatment to the patient's teeth before scheduling the appointments.
Since a smile makeover addresses multiple aspects of a patient's mouth, they may need to make multiple appointments. We will outline the treatment plan during a consultation and guide the patient throughout the process. A smile makeover can help you enhance your smile while being mindful of your oral health.
If you want to enhance certain aspects of your smile, call us to schedule an appointment for more information on our smile makeovers.
What procedures are used in a typical smile makeover?
There are several cosmetic dentistry procedures that we can review with the patient. Periodontal treatment options are also available for our smile makeovers.
San Diego, California Smile Makeover
When completing a smile makeover, we will help patients find the ideal treatment to restore the appearance and functionality of the teeth.
Check out what others are saying about our smile makeover and restoration services on Yelp: Smile Makeover San Diego
When teeth are more severely damaged or broken, a dental crown is often a better solution for transforming its appearance and functionality. A crown can be made in an all-ceramic or all-porcelain material that surrounds the tooth entirely. This improves the appearance of the tooth and strengthens it since when a crown is used, nothing touches the natural tooth. In the past, people may have had dental crowns that were made out of metal. These are functional but are unattractive and make it difficult, if not impossible, for a smile to look natural and healthy. Replacing metal crowns with ceramic ones makes it possible to have the restoration that you need without anyone knowing your tooth had ever been damaged. We can treat patients who want their smile makeover to include getting rid of outdated metal crowns.
Dental crowns can accomplish similar goals to veneers. They can make teeth even, close gaps, cover stains, and restore cracked or chipped teeth. The major difference is that the crown surrounds the entire tooth, so there is additional stability that comes with this procedure.
Our patients trust our team at Torrey Hills Periodontal Group to replace their missing teeth in a way that looks completely natural. Dental implants are an excellent way to restore missing teeth because once the procedure is completed; you can enjoy all of your favorite activities and foods without worrying about the tooth falling out or becoming loose. This is important because, with other procedures like dentures, teeth can get loose while running around or eating lunch with friends. Dental implants are so durable that you will not be able to tell the difference between the implant and natural teeth.
In this procedure, a metal post is implanted under the gums and secured to the jawbone. Over several months, the bone and metal will fuse together in order to create a synthetic root system that is just as strong as a natural root system. Once healed, a new tooth is secured to the metal post for a natural and beautiful looking smile. This procedure is commonly used in smile makeovers because it allows us to replace any teeth that are missing.
Some people may also use dental implants to straighten teeth that are crooked or teeth that are not responding to orthodontics. This is an important part of a smile makeover because if all of your teeth are white and beautiful, but one is severely crooked, your new smile will feel incomplete.
How do I start my smile makeover?
To get started on your smile makeover call our San Diego periodontist office and schedule an appointment with Dr. Hunt. You can reach us at (858) 925-1188 and we will be happy to schedule a time that is convenient for your schedule.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- Bleachorexia is when people continue to abuse teeth whitening solutions without consulting professionals, causing significant damage to their enamel and gums in the process.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Cosmetic Imaging
- Cosmetic imaging allows oral health professionals to display and break down the changes a variety of cosmetic procedures can make to the patient’s appearance to help the patient understand.
- Crown Lengthening
- Crown lengthening is a surgical procedure that increases the extent of a tooth structure for restorative or esthetic purposes.
- Dental Crown
- A crown is an artificial tooth, usually consisting of porcelain, which covers the top of the implant to provide people with an aesthetically pleasing and fully-functional tooth.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Full Mouth Rehabilitation
- Full mouth rehabilitation is a customized treatment that strives to optimize health and features of the entire mouth with multiple procedures.
- Smile Selection Guide
- A smile selection guide allows patients to select the type of smile and the intricate details they desire when enhancing the appearance of one’s teeth.
- Smile Shape Guide
- A smile shape guide helps patients determine how they want to change or improve their smile with various cosmetic dentistry procedures.
- Tetracycline is an antibiotic that can cause permanent gray discoloration of teeth when people use it at a young age.
Back to top of Smile Makeover
Are you considering getting a dental implant from a periodontist? Dental implants, also known as endosseous implants or fixtures, are a great solution for people who have lost teeth due to injury, disease, or decay. They can provide a long-term, stable solution for replacing missing teeth, and the process of getting an implant from a…
A periodontist can help improve gum recession. This is one of the first signs of gum disease. Seeing this dental care provider early can help you target the problem with the necessary treatment. Here are the details on how a periodontist can help fix receding gums.Getting a regular professional dental cleaning can remove the plaque…
Dental implants have significantly changed the way people replace missing or damaged teeth. Now there is another treatment option that can help you restore your smile. The All-on-4 dental implant technique is an innovative solution gradually growing in popularity. This technique allows patients to restore their smile with a full set of teeth anchored by…
There are many reasons for having a tooth extraction. Research shows that getting this procedure from a periodontist can be good for your dental health. Knowing when to do this can give you the right solution to your dental problem. Here are the details about when to see a periodontist for a tooth extraction.Studies reveal…