Dr. Brad Hunt, DDS
Meet Dr. Hunt
Dr. Hunt was born and raised in Mitchell, South Dakota. He earned his dental degree from the University of Minnesota in 1985 and completed specialized training in Periodontology at the Naval Dental School in Bethesda, MD in 1992. He served in the U.S. Navy for over 20 years before establishing his periodontal practice here in San Diego. He has lectured extensively in this country and abroad. He has also taught periodontics courses for residents at USC, hygienists at Loma Linda University and taught and mentored AEGD and GPR residents in the U.S. Navy. He belongs to numerous professional organizations and actively participates in continuing education to keep abreast of the latest techniques. Dr. Hunt has been Board-certified by the American Board of Periodontology as a Diplomate in Periodontics since 1995.
In his never-ending mission to provide the best periodontal care possible, Dr. Brad Hunt has recently become recertified by the American Board of Periodontology. This is the second time he has undergone the recertification process, which is designed to challenge each doctor’s knowledge on past and emerging information in the field of periodontics. Becoming board certified is a completely optional credential – one that a large percentage of periodontists do not pursue or complete. Even more rare is becoming recertified at the end of every six-year period.
Dr. Hunt believes achieving board certification and successfully completing recertification is an extremely important part of treating patients. He remains committed to continuing his education and staying up-to-date with the latest techniques. By taking these extra steps, he is able to provide the most comprehensive care and best treatment for each patient’s unique needs.
For those seeking a periodontist, Dr. Hunt stresses the advantage of seeing a board certified specialist, as these individuals are dedicated to seeking the most efficient and effective ways of treating patients.
To learn more about Dr. Hunt’s expertise in periodontics, or to schedule an appointment, please contact Torrey Hills Periodontal Group today!
Dr. Hunt is:
- Listed in Consumers Research Council of Americas Guide to Americas Top Dentists
- Named in San Diego Magazine’s List of Best Dentists 2014
- Board Certified Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
- Member, American Academy of Periodontology
- Member, Academy of Osseointegration
- Member, Institute for Dental Implant Awareness
- Member, American Dental Association
- Member, California Dental Association
- Member, San Diego County Dental Society
- Member, California Society of Periodontists
- Member, San Diego Advanced Study Group — “A Seattle Study Club”
- Member, DOCSeducation (Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation)
- Clinician volunteer participating in Fresh Start Surgical Gifts program and CDA Cares